Ahtna offers supplemental financial assistance for career and training support items and fees such as childcare, union dues, licenses, haircuts, glasses, housing and transportation. Shareholders should first check with CRNA/CITC/MSTC/Village Councils as the funding is meant to supplement their programs. To learn more, contact Shareholder Enrichment at (907) 868-8250 (Tracy Parent – Anchorage), (907) 822-3476 (Starr Knighten – Glennallen) or email email@example.com.
To qualify for rental assistance from the Ahtna Career Assistance Program, the qualified* applicant must have new permanent employment (new employment is verified with employer by Shareholder Enrichment). Once approved, we will request a W-9 from your rental agent to mail your rent check. Please note, rent requests are processed as quickly as we can, but we also recommend reaching out to other agencies for rental assistance as well if needed.
Other Assistance Resources
Shareholder Services often receives inquiries from shareholders about assistance sources for housing, clothing, food and finances that Ahtna does not cover. Here is a list of local assistance for these items:
- Housing: Alaska Housing Finance Corporation www.ahfc.us/publichousing/rental-programs/low-income-alaskans-renting-private-individuals
- Clothing: CITC www.citci.org and CRNA www.crnative.org
- Food: CITC and CRNA have programs in addition to local food banks.
- Alaska Department of Health: Division of Public Assistance
Visit https://health.alaska.gov/dpa/Pages/features/org/applications.aspx for applications to assist with childcare, food, heat, and women and senior assistance.
- Finances: Free training on personal finances is offered at Alaska Federal Credit Union and Wells Fargo bank (opening of a checking account may be required).
- Homeless Outreach and Support: RurAL CAP provides outreach and services to homeless individuals and families. Community volunteers assist homeless people in obtaining food boxes, hot meals, showers and haircuts, onsite childcare, substance abuse and mental health screenings, wheelchair repairs, housing applications, employment support and health screenings. https://ruralcap.org/client-services/housing/homeless-outreach/