APPLYING FOR CLASS-L SHARES
Application booklets are available online at www.ahtna-inc.com and at either Ahtna, Inc. office. Ahtna will not accept incomplete applications. Once a shareholder turns 18 it becomes their responsibility to ensure their records are up to date; parents or family members cannot request changes on their behalf.
• Lineal descendant of an original Ahtna shareholder-owner (such as child, grandchild, etc.)
• ¼ or more Alaska Native blood quantum
• Be born after Dec. 18, 1971
• Be a United States citizen
• Not be a shareholder-owner of another ANCSA Regional Corporation (except by gifting or inheritance)
• Class L Stock Application
• Original birth certificate – An original birth certificate is the only document that will be accepted. If you do not have an original birth certificate, contact your local Vital Statistics office.
• Original Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
• For assistance regarding CIBs, contact the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
• Additional documents that may be required if applicable can be found online.
IMPORTANT: If you are a Class L shareholder-owner, are of age and have received your high school diploma, GED or equivalent, please remember that Shareholder Services needs proof of graduation/completion, such as a copy of your diploma, so they can transfer your remaining shares to you. Please note that Class L applications and graduate gift requests are managed under separate programs and proof of graduation must be submitted separately to each. When first enrolled, a Class L shareholder-owner receives 30 shares of Class L stock. Upon turning 18 and receiving a high school diploma, GED or equivalent, Class L shareholder-owners receive an additional 70 shares of Class L stock, for a total of 100 shares.
Thank you to all the shareholders that signed up during our Direct Deposit Drive! We now have 600 shareholders signed up, but that’s still only about 30 percent of the total shareholder population. Direct deposit is the fastest and most reliable method to receive dividends. Forms can be found on the Ahtna website. Just click on the “Shareholder Services” tab at the top of the page and select “Services and Forms.”
Even if a graduate already submitted their diploma for the graduate gift process, they still need to resubmit to Shareholder Services.