The following directors were elected at the 2022 Ahtna Annual Meeting held June 4th in Glennallen, Alaska. They were announced by the Inspector of Elections Altman, Rogers & Co., the independent accounting firm retained to tabulate the election results.
- Seat A, At-Large: Susan L. Taylor
- Seat A, At-Large: Jason Hart (Incumbent)
- Seat D, Cheesh’na: Jessica L. Denny
- Seat F, Gakona: Linda M. Pete (Incumbent)
All newly elected directors will serve 3-year terms, until the 2025 Annual Meeting.A big thank you to former directors John Craig (Seat A, At-Large) and Shawn Sanford (Seat D, Cheesh’na) for their dedication and service.The Board met after the Annual Meeting and elected the following Ahtna, Inc. (AI) Board officers and Ahtna Netiye’ (AN) Executive Committee members:
- AI Chair – Ken John
- AI Vice Chair – Karen Linnell
- AI Secretary – Cecil Sanford
- AI Treasurer – Linda Pete
- AN Chair – Nicholas Jackson
- AN Vice Chair – John Dye
- AN Secretary – Genevieve John
- AN Treasurer – Clint Marshall
- AN Executive Committee Member – Grant Rebne
AN Executive Committee Member – Cecil SanfordYou can find more information about this year’s Annual Meeting, including the names of the proxy prize winners, at
Board Member of the Year Recognition:
John Craig was honored as Board Member of the Year and as an outgoing board member. A big thank you for his many years of service.
Past Board Member Recognition:
The late Dorothy Shinn was recognized for her years of service on the Ahtna Board and dedication to the Ahtna people. Ahtna’s 2021 Annual Report was dedicated to her memory.