Theme: Our Culture Unites Us; Our Land Sustains Us; Our People Are Prosperous.
Ahtna, Inc. is holding a youth artwork contest for our 2020 wall calendars. This is a great opportunity to engage our younger shareholders and gives them an opportunity to use creative expression to show what their Ahtna heritage and culture means to them.
Contest winners will have their artwork featured in the 2020 Ahtna Wall Calendar and receive a $50 cash prize.
The calendar artwork contest is open to Ahtna, Inc. shareholders and shareholder descendants between the ages of 5-17.
The deadline to submit artwork with an application has been extended to Monday, November 4, 2019, at 5 p.m. AKDT. Winners will be selected and notified by Friday, November 8, 2019.
- Artwork must be original.
- Submissions may be painted, hand-drawn, photography or digital.
- Artwork is not to exceed letter-size dimensions (11 inches by 8.5 inches) and should be landscape format (horizontal orientation).
- Photographs must be submitted as a high-resolution JPEG, with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Digital artwork must be submitted as a PDF, with a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Submissions should represent Ahtna’s vision statement: Our Culture Unites Us; Our Land Sustains Us; Our People Are Prosperous.
- A completed application, including parent/guardian signature, must be submitted with the artwork.
- Artwork will not be returned unless advance written request is made.
- Entries will be reviewed by a selection committee and judged on multiple aspects such as quality, creativeness and representation of the theme.
For more information please contact the Ahtna Corporate Communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the 2020 Wall Calendar Youth Artwork Contest Entry Form here. Please submit the completed form with the artwork via email to email@example.com, through the mail or hand-delivered to the Ahtna Glennallen or Anchorage office. If the artwork is emailed, take a high-resolution digital photo or scan of the art in good lighting and combine with the entry form.
Materials may be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Attention: Joel Irwin
110 W 38th Avenue, Suite 100
Anchorage, AK 99503
Attention: Carlene Pete
PO Box 649
Glennallen, AK 99588
[for hand-delivery: 115 Richardson Highway]