The mission of the Ahtna Land & Resources Department is to protect and preserve Ahtna lands and resources for future generations of the Ahtna people. The Land Department has grown in recent years and with that growth is able to offer varied natural resource career opportunities. Natural resource jobs involve research, education, management, use, and conservation of different natural resources, including water, land, plants, soil, and animals.
Many people choose a natural resource job because it supports a passion for wildlife, the outdoors, recreation, and working with people. There are office environment positions for those that prefer to work inside, but employees are encouraged to get out and explore all that the region has to offer. Flexible work schedules are available, with seasonal and year-round opportunities. The Land Department offers a wide variety of positions with some examples listed below. All current Ahtna job openings are posted on the Ahtna website at www.ahtna.com/careers.
- Vice President, Land and Resources
- Manager, Land and Resources
- Special Projects Manager
- Wildlife Biologist
- Land and Resources Specialist
- Natural Resource Technician
- Deputy Trespass Enforcement Specialist
- Seasonal Cultural Resources Technician
- Seasonal Wildlife/Forestry Technician
- Seasonal Trespass Enforcement Technician/Special Projects Laborer
- Land Department On-Call Laborer
- Campground Host
If you’re considering an education or career in natural resources, reach out to Shareholder Enrichment to learn more about programs and financial assistance available.